Sunday, March 7, 2010


This print particularly caught my eye at the museum because of its endless meaning. I looked at it for a while and found many ways to interpret it as I am quite sure I could have found more the longer I analyzed it. I really appreciated open room with the three dimensional-esque designs on the wall that to me were representative of the vast space that the human mind encompasses, or can encompass if one so chooses.

The positioning of the human figure, the man, sitting on a board signified a human being in a seemingly quaint room and setting with potentially a lot going on within his mind yet anything that was going on was what the person made of it. I also was especially moved by the transparent space that existed below the man. I interpreted it as a manifestation of the possibilities that exist for a person not only in the room they are in but also above and below the basic conceptualizations their mind may achieve on a basic level.

No comments: